Wintersville United Methodist Church
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of the infant, toddlers, and preschoolers at all times, being aware of the needs of the children as individuals and as a group
3. Regular work hours: Sun. 8:30am-12:15pm, Wed. 6:00pm-8:15pm. It is the nursery attendant’s responsibility to find a replacement if not able to work at the scheduled time. At no time is it appropriate to leave the nursery unattended or with less than 2 people (must be 1 attendant at all times) during scheduled hours. In the nursery binder enter your time in and time out.
4. Implement duties with the help of volunteers. Recruit volunteers (15 yrs. Or older). Make sure the church secretary has a monthly list of volunteers by the first Monday of the month so the volunteers can get into the bulletin weekly. Turn list of volunteers into Youth Director monthly.
5. Greet parents and children upon arrival to the nursery. Have parents sign in their children and give them a pager (number to be recorded in report).
6. Keep nursery, toys, linens, cribs, changing tables, tables, chairs, etc. orderly and sanitized.
7. Maintain a safe environment in the nursery for all children and adults. Make sure all toys and equipment are in a safe working order. Keep inventory of necessary supplies. Stock & do inventory weekly.
8. Plan and implement age appropriate weekly activities and lessons for toddlers and preschoolers.
9. Be familiar with church policy and handle discipline promptly and in accordance with church policy.
10. Maintain registration and attendance records in nursery binder. Please document the lesson and duties you perform weekly in the nursery binder that will be kept in the nursery.
11. Must contact Youth Director if you would be late or be absent.
12. Be an example of Christian morals for the children.
13. Must be up to date on CPR/First Aid and trained yearly in Safe Sanctuary. We offer all of these training services at the church.
14. Time Sheets – complete and turn in by payroll due date to Pastor. This is a part-time hourly position with up to ten (10) hours per week approved. More hours may be available due to special events that will require child care.
15. Serve in cooperation with the Pastor, staff and laity to fulfill the “Mission and Vision” of the WUMC.
Demonstrates professionalism regarding confidentiality, complaints and security of the information and discusses only with appropriate persons. Informs Youth Director immediately of any issues that may arise.
16. Other duties may be requested.
Apply now by contacting the church office during normal business office at 740-264-1676 or emailing email@example.com.
God is writing the vision for the Children’s Ministry and she following His leading. Jessica is very excited to share God’s word with our children through reading, skits and missions. The children will be taught Bible character lessons each week with application and reinforcements that can relate to their life here and now. She feels it is her calling to make sure to equip both the children and their parents with the necessary resources and support to nurture young hearts and minds so they grow to love their Savior.
Jessica feels blessed with the privilege of serving here at Wintersville United Methodist Church as the children’s director. Jessica and her family are thankful to be a part of this church family and for the godly people who have adopted and loved them. Jessica is supported by her husband Rufus and her two beautiful children Jayden and Will.
Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
“Tif” has been in full time youth ministry since 2000. She has been in Ministry here at WUMC since 2008. After growing up in Jefferson County, Ohio she moved to North Carolina where she met her wonderful husband of 20 years Jeff. After many years in full time ministry in Clayton, NC Tif felt like God was calling her back home to serve. Tif loves our youth and what she enjoys most is going on mission trip outings and Lakeside Institute. She enjoys meeting young people where they are, journeying with them, and seeing them use their spiritual gifts to help build God’s kingdom. She is both blessed and proud to be serving as youth pastor in the community she grew up in. She loves all of the people at WUMC and enjoys letting out her “inner child” as she serves God by interacting with the youth. Tif enjoys watching Syracuse basketball, spending time with family, and hanging out with friends at Lakeside. Her most favorite thing in the world is her daughter Emily and cat Buddy.
Susan has been working at the church for 12 years as the secretary. She grew up in church, but strengthen by faith in the Lord in my early 20’s. She enjoys her job and is grateful to serve the Lord through her work here at the church. She has been married to her husband Jerry for 34 years and has two adult children and one grandchild. She enjoys spending time with her family, babysitting her granddaughter and watching and cheering on the Cleveland Cavaliers Basketball Team.
Ryan Bradley has been living out his passion of worship leading for 16 years. His love of music began as a child when he started playing violin at 9 years old. He later picked up several instruments, including guitar at the age of 14. Ryan grew up in a Christian home and attended a Presbyterian Church where he helped lead choirs, the worship team, the youth group, and served as an Elder.
He grew up in a suburb east of Pittsburgh where he attended Norwin High School. After High School he attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania and studied Music Education with a concentration on French Horn and Viola. In 2013, God led Ryan to a Worship Leading position at Christian Life Church in Trafford, Pa.
Ryan has been married almost 5 years to his wife, Britni. Together they share their worship experiences at different events around their hometown and on Sunday mornings. They have a beautiful 4 year old daughter named Vera….she is a cuddly Yorkshire Terrier. He has been in the position of Director of Worship and Discipleship since July of 2019 and is very excited for all of the great things happening at Wintersville United Methodist Church.
Pastor Clint Quillen Jr. and his family were appointed to WUMC in July 2000 and he loves being the pastor here. He believes, “It is such a blessing and privilege to be in ministry together with such a wonderful church family.” Words from the apostle Paul written centuries ago to the church at Rome reflect Pastor Clint’s feelings regarding the Wintersville UM Church congregation today. “I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now” (Romans 1:3-5). There truly is a partnership in ministry at WUMC between the staff, lay persons, and the pastor, and Pastor Clint is so thankful to be a part of this team.
Pastor Clint’s formal schooling includes majoring in Christian Ministries at Malone College, attending Columbia Biblical Seminary, graduating with a Master of Divinity degree from Ashland Theological Seminary, and working diligently to complete his Doctor of Ministry degree in Apologetics from Southern Evangelical Seminary.
Pastor Clint is a dedicated husband, father, and “Poppa” who loves his family very much. He and his wife, Ann, have been married for 35 years and he is grateful for her partnership in life, as well as in ministry. They have three grown sons, three lovely daughters-in-law, and three wonderful grandchildren with a 4th on the way! Playing disc golf together is a favorite family pastime and Pastor Clint is proud of the fact that he even wins occasionally!
Accepting God’s gift of salvation at age 17 at church camp, Pastor Clint’s life was forever changed. He believes strongly in the truth of God’s Word, the unconditional love of Christ, and in God’s call upon each of our lives to receive His grace, embrace His love, and live a life of love and service for God and others. Believing faithful churches and individual Christians are to be characterized by GROWTH, COMPASSION, and HOPE, three of his favorite scriptures express this so well. “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness” (Colossians 2:6-7), “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4), and
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13). May the message of these verses be fulfilled in your life as well.