Wintersville United Methodist Church
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of the infant, toddlers, and preschoolers at all times, being aware of the needs of the children as individuals and as a group
3. Regular work hours: Sun. 8:30am-12:15pm, Wed. 6:00pm-8:15pm. It is the nursery attendant’s responsibility to find a replacement if not able to work at the scheduled time. At no time is it appropriate to leave the nursery unattended or with less than 2 people (must be 1 attendant at all times) during scheduled hours. In the nursery binder enter your time in and time out.
4. Implement duties with the help of volunteers. Recruit volunteers (15 yrs. Or older). Make sure the church secretary has a monthly list of volunteers by the first Monday of the month so the volunteers can get into the bulletin weekly. Turn list of volunteers into Youth Director monthly.
5. Greet parents and children upon arrival to the nursery. Have parents sign in their children and give them a pager (number to be recorded in report).
6. Keep nursery, toys, linens, cribs, changing tables, tables, chairs, etc. orderly and sanitized.
7. Maintain a safe environment in the nursery for all children and adults. Make sure all toys and equipment are in a safe working order. Keep inventory of necessary supplies. Stock & do inventory weekly.
8. Plan and implement age appropriate weekly activities and lessons for toddlers and preschoolers.
9. Be familiar with church policy and handle discipline promptly and in accordance with church policy.
10. Maintain registration and attendance records in nursery binder. Please document the lesson and duties you perform weekly in the nursery binder that will be kept in the nursery.
11. Must contact Youth Director if you would be late or be absent.
12. Be an example of Christian morals for the children.
13. Must be up to date on CPR/First Aid and trained yearly in Safe Sanctuary. We offer all of these training services at the church.
14. Time Sheets – complete and turn in by payroll due date to Pastor. This is a part-time hourly position with up to ten (10) hours per week approved. More hours may be available due to special events that will require child care.
15. Serve in cooperation with the Pastor, staff and laity to fulfill the “Mission and Vision” of the WUMC.
Demonstrates professionalism regarding confidentiality, complaints and security of the information and discusses only with appropriate persons. Informs Youth Director immediately of any issues that may arise.
16. Other duties may be requested.
Apply now by contacting the church office during normal business office at 740-264-1676 or emailing email@example.com